8.15.2010

we're tearing down walls over here!

so i'm very, VERY excited about my newest little project with my momma. after i helped revamp her bedroom, she decided she loved the change so much that she needed a little more! so she has GUTTED her bedroom and bathroom at her house. it's down to the bones right now. if you need a little reminder of the before, check out this post. this is extra fun for me because my mom trusted me to come up with a new layout and she took my advice and removed the window seat! so she has an extra 3 feet of space in the room! she's also bumping her bathroom out into the hallway and creating the master bathroom that she's always wanted. oh & i forgot to mention that it's the house she grew up in! the house was built in the 1940s and my grandmother raised 3 girls there all by herself after my grandfather passed away. now that takes a special lady!
after my sweet grammie passed away, my mom bought it and has been fixing up the interior and exterior for the past 3 years. she's put a lot of love and sweat into the house and i think it's looking awesome! my grandmother would be so excited to see all the fun changes that she was never able to make to the house (she had more of a green thumb & spent most of her time in the yard).

so i wanted to share some of the "in progress" pictures with y'all.


so funny story about the tub above. it's always looked super duper small to me, but i've never thought much of it. when i came over the other day i asked my mom why it was SO teensy & she told me it was made for a mobile home! HA! it's a seriously small bathroom & i bet my grandma thought she was so clever when she remodeled the bathroom in the 60s!




totally AWESOME wallpaper. i think we should save it & frame a little piece

so, there you have it! a gutted high point terrace bed & bath. stay tuned for the after pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment