7.24.2010

finally! a before & after post!

had an eventful evening at the cove last night! went out to see my friends' bands, the sultana & velvet elvis praise band. this happened:


...yep! just givin' emily a good slug in the face! anyhooo on to the before & after that i promised you days ago!! mom needed a little overhaul in her master bedroom at the kenwood estate. i think my approach to everything is "less is more"-well, in most cases. the before wasn't bad, mommy. it was just a little much for me.



diagnosis: too much going on! the rusty red on the bed made the walls turn into a fern color,instead of the soothing, calm green my mom was really going for. in turn, more attention was brought to the pine window seat and folding closet doors (circa 1970s) that mom plans on replacing.

solution: see below!






yay! & the best part was everything was recycled from other areas of the house! not bad for a little 2 hour redo & i threw in a free vacuuming job! :)

look how cute my mom looks! i think she was happy! she's planning on renovating the bedroom and bathroom next spring, but this will at least tide her over until then...& you had better believe i'll be there giving my opinion come remodel time.





3 comments:

  1. MEG!!! This is unecessary... I love the before and after. Can you put up a before and after of me... to prove that my face is not permanantly like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the "after" has such a fresh, clean feel to it! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the comments ladies!! i love yall both! keep em coming!

    & emily...that pic is hilarious and it will not come down. better keep checkin back to make sure i dont post more, friend!

    -meg

    ReplyDelete